Pakistan has very little penetration of internet users — close to 11% of the total population but the usage trends have shown a remarkable increase in the past two years. Now we see corporate organizations setting up digital marketing departments and digital agencies are coming into business as a result. This is because people are increasingly using the internet and with mobile subscriptions on a high, the future of internet seems bright.
This infographic takes a look at the internet users in the country and comments on social behaviors that have been successful in Pakistan. Facebook gets the big chunk of internet users while other social media platforms are growing slowly. Brands are still not as active on twitter and it is mainly used for news. Linkedin however has gained popularity rather quickly and is becoming a preferred platform of use after facebook.
Facebook brand pages are becoming popular and the race for more fans has begun. Google and Freelancer have country managers in Pakistan now. The blogging community is active and mostly works with US websites for content generation. Pakistan has a lot of potential in e-commerce business and travel websites and this will continue to be explored in the coming few years. Recently online shopping has seen an upward trend and facebook pages are a main source of inspiration for retail businesses.
- Importance Of Typeface In Design - October 22, 2018
- Independence Day: 14th August Brings Many Firsts For Pakistan In 2016 - August 13, 2016
- What I Learnt During My Summer Internship At Wordsmith - August 12, 2016
- What You Did Not Know About The Dos and Don’ts Of Writing - August 8, 2016
- Ineffective Rebranding Strategy: Lessons From AJK Elections - August 8, 2016