Are you having a hard time thinking of ways to increase traffic to your website? You are not the only one. I’m in the same boat. Last week, I was asked to find ways to increase site traffic to our blog and to be honest, I was left scratching my head. So I decided to write a post about it too, so that no one is left in the lurch like me.
You see, online businesses want their blog to be noticed as it is good for brand marketing and drives waves of customers to your door. However, increasing site traffic is never easy. Blogging takes diligence and commitment, as it may take a while before you are acknowledged.
I agree, it’s a lot of hard work but I assure you that it will pay off in the end. Once you follow these simple steps, visitors will be flooding your site.
Content – it’s what really matters
- Write attention-grabbing headlines.
- Write amazing content- make sure it’s useful and informative.
- Write shorter posts- short and effective posts are more memorable.
- Write more often- regularity will get you noticed- a consistent flow of articles will ensure success.
- Write about current affairs and trending topics.
- Search niches in the market- then write posts related to those topics.
- Ask readers about their interests for blog post ideas.
- Interview influential people
Multimedia – you catch their eye, you make them stay
- Use eye-catching photos and videos to gain reader interest.
- Create interesting infographics.
- Upload videos to video websites- link back to your site.
- Produce podcasts- and include transcriptions as this will gain viewership.
- Make presentations and link them other blogging sites.
Social Media – connection is key
- Create a Facebook page to your blog. Communicate with site visitors and send out notifications when new content is published.
- Tweet all posts.
- Link all posts to Google+
- Link to old posts so they are not forgotten.
- Comment on other blogs with similar niches. Make sure your comments are insightful. Comments should reflect positively on your site.
- Include sharing buttons on all posts.
- End posts with questions to encourage reader participation.
- Reply to comments and questions swiftly.
Guest posting – make your presence known
- Guest post on other blogs.
- Include a link back to your own blog after every comment.
- Invite others to guest post on your blog.
- Conduct interviews.
- Take part in blog carnivals.
- Include your web address in your email signature.
- Add your input in forums related to your niche and include a link back to your site.
SEO – use the right words!
- Interlink blog posts- link new ones to those that may be forgotten or neglected.
- Use relevant keywords in image file names.
- Use keywords in blog post titles and content.
Giveaways and competitions – use temptation as bait!
- Start a competition or a giveaway.
- Use an opt- in form for the accumulation of customer information and distribution of a newsletter.
- Publish a short e-book.
I hope these pointers intrigue and inspire your desire to increase site traffic. Why don’t you pick a few to really boost viewership? If you have any other suggestions with regards to increasing site traffic let us know. You know, we love to hear from you.
- How to build an effective brand image for your business - September 9, 2016
- The 5 Stages of Change - October 19, 2015
- 11 Things to Do After Writing a Blog Post - October 7, 2015
- How To Create An Effective Homepage - October 5, 2015
- How Brands Become a Success - October 4, 2015